Discover the Ancient Science of Ayurveda.
Welcome to the world of Ayurveda, a holistic approach to wellness that encompasses all aspects of life. Derived from the words "AYUR" meaning life and "VEDA" meaning science.
Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that originated in India more than 3,000 years ago. It is based on the belief that health and wellness depend on a delicate balance between the mind, body, and spirit. Ayurveda practitioners use a variety of treatments, including herbs, massage, yoga, and meditation, to help people achieve this balance.
Health benefits of Ayurveda:
• Treatments for Arthritis.
• Reduces stress.
• Weight Loss or Maintenance.
• Hormonal Balance.
• Minimizes Inflammation.
• Reduce Symptoms of Illness & Disease.
• Cleanses the Body.
• Overall Balance.
• Help Cure Insomnia.
• Regulate Bloating.
Ayurveda is based on the idea that there are three doshas, or body types: Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. Each dosha is made up of a combination of the five elements: space, air, fire, water, and earth. A person's dosha is determined by their birthdate, time of day, and place of birth.
Ayurveda practitioners believe that disease is caused by an imbalance of the doshas. They use a variety of treatments to help restore balance, including:
- Herbs: Ayurveda practitioners use a wide variety of herbs to treat a variety of conditions.
- Massage: Ayurveda massage, called abhyanga, is used to promote circulation, remove toxins, and relieve stress.
- Ayurvedic Treatments: Shirodara, Karna Purana, Nasya nose and Sinus Therapy, Heart Basti, for more information about treatments click here
- Yoga: Ayurveda yoga, called hatha yoga, is used to improve flexibility, strength, and balance.
- Meditation: Ayurveda meditation, called dhyana, is used to calm the mind and promote relaxation.
Ayurveda is a safe and effective system of medicine for many people. However, it is important to talk to your doctor before starting any new treatment, including Ayurveda.
Here is a unique sentence to describe Ayurveda: Ayurveda is a holistic system of medicine that uses herbs, massage, yoga, and meditation to promote health and wellness.
At Ayurvida Wellness, we believe in treating the root cause of ailments, rather than just the symptoms. By taking into account the five natural elements - fire, air, water, space, and earth - and their unique combinations in the human body, we are able to determine an individual's unique constitution, known as dosha in Ayurveda.
By understanding your dosha, we can provide personalized recommendations for lifestyle choices, nutrition, and skincare products that will ensure optimal vitality and balance between the mind, body, and soul.
Christianne Madrazo. Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner in San Diego. Graduated from Mount Madonna Institute College of Ayurveda. Student of Dr. Vasant Lad, one of the world’s foremost experts in Ayurveda.
If you are interested in Ayurveda and want to learn more about it, follow our Ayurveda Blog