07 Jul 2020 - News
Ayurveda can help you to have a healthy liver
The liver, being the largest visceral organ, stands out as one of the body's most dynamic entities. Ayurveda, with its timeless wisdom, has acknowledged the pivotal role of the liver in human health for millennia.
Comprising numerous lobules, each housing liver cells or hepatocytes, the liver orchestrates intricate metabolic processes. This remarkable organ not only plays a crucial role in transforming plasma into blood but also acts as a vigilant gatekeeper, scanning and identifying toxins to prevent their entry into the bloodstream. Therefore, prioritizing liver detoxification is paramount for promoting effective blood cleansing and sustaining overall well-being.
The liver performs numerous important functions in the body and plays a leading metabolic role, fundamental for the correct functioning of the whole organism, such as:
- Synthesis and secretion of bile, fat metabolism
- Metabolism of sugars and proteins
- Accumulation of vitamins and minerals, such as iron, copper and vitamins A, D, K and E.
- Cholesterol metabolism
- Detoxification of the body from toxins, slags and other harmful elements.
- Enzymatic and hormonal regulation
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO SUPPORT YOUR LIVER?
FEED YOUR LIVER WITH HEALTHY FOOD
- Blueberries and cranberries
- Prickly pear
- Beetroot juice
- Brussels sprouts
TO PROMOTE LIVER HEALTH, STEER CLEAR OF:
- A high fat diet
- Food with pesticides, artificial colors etc.
- Use of pain relievers, antibiotics, steroids, and other drugs
- Canned foods contain preservatives and chemicals, which can compromise liver health.
- Smoking and alcohol are harmful to liver health. Alcohol is harmful to the Pitta constitution even in moderate quantities. Drink plenty of water daily to flush out toxins.
- Vinegar, chilies and fried foods aggravate Pitta and can be harmful to liver health. The diet should consist of less fat and more fiber. Avoid fried foods, fast food, frozen and canned meat.
LIFESTYLE TIPS TO HELP YOUR LIVER
Drink hot water and lemon as soon as you wake up. Lemon has a high content of vitamin C, which helps the body synthesize toxic materials into substances that can be absorbed by the water and eliminated. So here is that drinking a glass of hot water and lemon in the morning helps the liver to produce bile, reduce burning and constipation and get rid of waste material.
Get used to sleep before 10 pm because midnight is the Pitta phase. The excess Pitta dosha causes moods that lead to competition and conflict, internal and with the surrounding environment. The person with an excess of the Pitta dosha experiences frequent feelings of anger, excessive self-criticism, and judgment of others.
HERBAL REMEDIES FOR A HEALTHY LIVER
Ayurveda recommends effective herbal remedies. A natural cure for liver health with Ayurvedic herbs can be above the same as the treatments that modern medicine offers today. Much research supports the role of these herbs, which help to have a healthy liver.
Christianne Madrazo. Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner, graduate of Mount Madonna Institute, College of Ayurveda in California, and student of Dr. Vasant Lad, one of the world’s foremost experts in Ayurveda.
AyurVida Wellness and Clinic is located in Mission Hills, San Diego, CA.
FOR ASSISTANCE TEXT 619-637-0201
For immediate assistance:
1611 West Lewis San Diego CA 92103